Kumbla Coastal Police Station04998-241100 9497970226. firstname.lastname@example.org
Jurisdiction of Coastal police station pervade in Kasaragod District up to 12 nautical miles from Kanwatheertha in Northern side and Mogral Sea mouth in the southern side. The distance from northern side to Southern side of coastal areas is 26 Kms. The coastal area is under the judicial jurisdiction of the Hon’ble Judicial First-Class Magistrate Court II, Kasaragod as per notification No. A1-1703/2012 dated 10.12.2018 of the Chief Judicial Magistrate, Kasaragod.
Government of India, as a part of scheme, has sanctioned 10 Coastal Police Stations in the state vide Coastal Security Scheme-II under GO (Rt) No. 2204/2014/Home dated. 11.08.2014. Sanction has been accorded for opening a new Coastal Police Station Kumbala at Shiriya, Kasaragod for strengthening the Coastal securities in the Kasaragod District. Coastal Police Station Kumbala at Shiriya Kasaragod was inaugurated on 27.06.2017 by Sri. Pinarayi Vijayan, Hon’ble Chief Minister of Kerala and the station was notified as Coastal Police Station as per GO (Rt) 2204/2014/Home dated 11.08.2014.
The Coastal Police Station Kumbala is functioning in a three storied own building facing west and situated in Shiriya village, Manjeshwar Taluk. Coastal Police Station having land extending to 60 cents in Shiriya Village in Manjeswar Taluk and Station building situated at Mangalpady Panchayath in No. MP/XV- 96(A) (UAC).
Hon’ble Judicial First-Class Magistrate Court II, Kasaragod
Mission And Vision Of Coastal Police
Policing the Indian coastline against infiltration, intrusion and other illegal activities in collaboration with Central and State agencies in Territorial Waters and on the Coastline of India.
The Coastal Police will strive for:
- Investing in infrastructure and logistics to meet the existing and future challenges.
- Development of human resources through recruitment and training to raise skilled and specialized manpower for Coastal Policing.
- Building capacity for specialized Coastal Policing tasks like Patrolling, Surveillance, Interception, Intelligence collection, Investigation, Disaster and Crisis Management, rescue Operations related to Coast & Sea etc.
- Creating institutionalized collaboration, coordination and co-operation among all the stake-holders in Coastal Security.
- Promoting and securing community participation to generate multipliers and accelerators in Coastal Security.
- Promoting and sharing best practices of Policing in Coastal Security.
- Addressing environmental and ecological concerns and interests of country through collaboration and co-operation with other agencies.
- Constant review and up gradation of Technology, Gadgetry and Weaponry being in use to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the Coastal Policing.
- Promoting welfare measures and launching schemes for rewards and incentives to build and sustain high morale and motivation level of Coastal Security personnel.
- To evelop a capable & fully professional force protecting the national interests in mandated Policing activity
Kadalora Jagratha Samithies (KJS)
Kadalora Jagratha Samithies are the eyes and ears of the Coastal Security. In order to counter the threat posed by terrorist/ antinational through coastal areas, the functioning of Kadalora Jagratha Samithi is in evitable. Three KJS are formed within the limits of Coastal Police Station, Kumbala. The meetings of KJS are being conducted by all KJS properly on monthly basis, in these meetings all the matters related with KJS activities are being discussed. Apart this, lifesaving classes, demonstration of smoke signals, awareness campaigns, medical camp, tailoring coaching classes etc were also conducted during the last years.
Details of Notified Landing Points
As per the Government order, there are 5 notified fish landing points within the limits of Coastal Police Station, Kumbala, Kasaragod.
- Uppala (Hanuman Nagar)
Details of Un-notified Landing Points
There are 2 un-notified fish landing points within the limits of Coastal Police Station, Kumbala, Kasaragod
Details of Boat jetties
No Boat jetties, major and minor ports within the limits of Coastal PS, Kumbla.